"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Friday, October 4, 2013

Born of Persuasion by Jessica Dotta.








17 year-old Julia Elliston is orphaned and unmarried in the year 1838. A year where women are the properties of their husbands, fathers, or guardians.  Julia finds herself at the mercy of a unknown guardian, who plans to send her to Scotland.  With two months to find a way out of it, Julia wants to marry her childhood sweetheart, but those plans are crushed. A titled dowager gives her another option. An option where she becomes part of Victorian Society. She's becomes tangled with a mysterious past of her mother's. Julia finds herself to be a pawn in a game between two very powerful men. Can she put a stop to it before its too late? Can she find the truth?



I didn't really care for this book very much. It was hard for me to get into. But I would recommend this book to anyone who loves historical books.





*I got this book for free from Tyndale in exchange for my review of the product.*

No comments:

Post a Comment